May 29, 2011

Ramblings





The Netherlands was AWESOME, now after one night in Firenze I'm in Panicale. It's beautiful.

Someone posed this question to me (talking about the book - and movie, who knew? - The Secret): What do you REALLY want?

I want to fall in love and then travel before settling in one place. I want to go to South Africa, but not family-trip or solo style. I want a houseboat in Amsterdam!

What don't I want? Some things you think you want, you actually don't. Will I ever truly want a tattoo? Or to skydive? Or to live in the U.S. for the rest/most of my life because my family is there?

What I'm doing when I get home in July:
  • cooking the occasional dinner aka MAKING THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA with crazy toppings
  • learning how to hair wrap and using cool beads & colors
  • dying a pink streak in my hair again
  • reading
  • watching documentaries
  • downloading music (full albums of my fave artists)
  • Not being flaky and calling out people who are!
  • Being spontaneous
  • sleeping on the back porch or outside
  • having Em drive me everywhere for once!
I love Italy so much being in someone's home, although they're an awesome family and so welcoming, made me realize how ready I'll be to go home to my own!!!

update - I will also learn to make sushi and where I can buy the fish/all ingredienttts



1 comment:

  1. I'm taking a year off after graduation to travel and going to South Africa for part of it - you are welcome to join! Other possible places: Thailand, Australia again (to work and earn money), New Zealand, Indonesia (Bali), possibly Russia

    ReplyDelete