June 27, 2011

it's gettin late but I don't mind.

I'm in a reflective mood. Memories, good and bad.





I'm still not a big fan of cooking, but I'm getting into making super simple recipes with my current favorite things: fish, shellfish, and veggies. Excited to cook for the fam at home!


MUSSELS AND TOMATOES

2lb local (black) mussels
1 onion sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ bunch parsley, chopped
1 can Italian tomatoes
salt and pepper
½ cup white wine

·      gently fry onion in olive oil until translucent
·      add garlic, tomatoes salt pepper and white wine
·      cook 5 mins, add scrubbed and debearded mussels and parsley
·      cook until mussels open


l


I'm reading Dance, Dance, Dance by Haruki Murakami. It's weird but interesting and I'm told it's the worst of his books. If that's true can't wait to read the rest! 


No comments:

Post a Comment